One of the best ways to be happy is to stop trying to be perfect, mainly because it's an impossible, frustrating fabrication that only complicates your existence. Focus instead on doing things that are meaningful to you and that make you feel content and fulfilled. Listen to your inner voice and work on living life as the real you rather than some idealized person who doesn't exist. Make your life easier by enjoying your journey instead of worrying about impressing others or appearing invincible. Have fun and be happy rather than obsessing on doing things that set you up for failure.
Here are some ideas to help you stop trying to be perfect:
- Realize that no human being is perfect. In reality there's no such thing as perfection.
- Understand that you don't have to be perfect, all you have to do is just be yourself; that's all that matters.
- Work on making your dreams come true without worrying about doing it any certain way or having to be perfect.
- Be happy just completing a small step each day toward making your dreams come true.
- Be kind to yourself instead of putting all that pressure on yourself to be perfect. Take it easy and just enjoy how great you are.
There's no way you'll ever be perfect so now is a great time for you to give up that myth and just work on being yourself. You don't have to live up to someone else's expectations or some unreal concept of perfection, just be you and keep growing every day. What would you add to this list?
When you're truly ready to be happy, buy The Guide to Being Happy with Yourself for only $5.00.