There are a lot of people who overlook opportunities to think, feel and behave positively. Here are some characteristics of someone who doesn't see the amazing possibilities available to him or her:
- Saying that something new won't work without even trying it.
- Avoiding meeting new people.
- Not trying new things.
- Always doing things the same way.
- Not trusting people.
- Insisting that the world is a certain way when there are clearly other options.
- Staying stuck doing things one way.
- Strict belief system.
- Lack of flexibility.
- Need for power and control.
- Not treating people well.
- Limited self-awareness.
- Low self-esteem or false bravado.
The key to being happy in life is to stop thinking and doing things that lead in a less than positive direction. It takes courage to give up old beliefs and behaviors, but it creates countless new opportunities to enjoy life fully.