Self-esteem is linked to happiness because you can't be truly happy unless you genuinely love the person you are. A lot of people want some magic pill to instantly feel better about themselves but the reality is that it takes time and commitment to build your self-esteem. Here are some practical techniques that will help feel stronger and be happier:
- Focus on what you really want to do in life.
- Don't worry about what others say.
- Do things you love.
- Live authentically.
- Be the real you.
- Write a list of all the great things about you.
- Focus on positive behaviors.
- Hang out with people who behave positively and encourage you to grow.
- Don't do everything at once, take one step at a time.
- Let go of what doesn't work and keep what does.
- Don't let anyone else make decisions for you.
- Plan your future.
- Trust yourself to find the answers.
- Listen to your inner voice or intuition.
- Celebrate how wonderful you are.
Building your self-esteem is a matter of behaving in positive ways that help you feel happy about who you are. Remember that you can't do all these things at once; work on one until you're good at it and then move to the next. You decide what pace is appropriate for you. The more you practice they more you'll increase your self-esteem and happiness.
Have you given up on being happy? Get a free 30-minute happiness coaching session.