There's no such thing as always being happy but countless people try to pretend they're ecstatic at every moment. This usually leads to a break down of some kind because it's impossible to maintain. The point in life isn't to be fake happy but rather to experience authentic joy by doing things like:
- Discovering what you really love doing in life and doing it.
- Treating yourself and others well.
- Healing the hurts from your past.
- Building positive relationships.
- Liking yourself.
- Dealing with the unresolved issues in your life.
- Listening to your inner voice.
- Being yourself.
When you focus less on always being happy you can start working on being as healthy inside and out as possible and that, in turn, will bring you much more joy in the long run.