Think about when you were a kid and you were playing with friends or with your toys or some game you loved. What did it feel like? How often do you feel like that now? Somewhere along the way we tell ourselves that we can't do that as adults. When you're genuinely happy, life is like play; you do things you enjoy and you have fun while you're doing them. Here are some things you can do:
- Sit down and draw something without worrying what it looks like.
- Write a story about anything, don't be concerned with spelling or grammar.
- Make up a song and sing it out loud.
- Make a costume and act like that character.
- Be silly.
- Go outside: ride a bike, take a walk, go for a swim.
- Make up a game and play it.
- Invite your friends and family to join you.
When you let go of the need to act like an adult, you can live a joyful, happy life full of fun, energy, discovery, and promise.