A lot of people say they're happy and then behave in ways that demonstrate they're not, for example:
- Treating themselves or others poorly.
- Living according to what someone else says.
- Ignoring their inner voices.
- Doing things that hurt other people.
- Acting out of fear rather than courage.
- Lacking hope.
- Behaving negatively instead of positively.
- Not behaving the same way in private as they do in public.
- Not dealing well with their feelings.
No matter what people say on the outside, you can tell how happy they really are inside by their behaviors in daily life.