When you take on too much at once you set yourself up for failure. People who do too many things at one time tend to burn out quickly or live in a perpetual state of heightened anxiety. The key to being happy is to keep taking action to make your dreams come true but avoid having to pack every second of your day with some kind of activity. Here are some things you can do to avoid feeling overwhelmed:
- Prioritize what needs to be done in order of importance. Work on the most important things first.
- Take small actions to complete any task or goal.
- Work on one thing at once.
- Congratulate yourself when you finish a task or project.
- Take a break, set aside some time each day to decompress.
- Do things that are meaningful to you, not just things that you have to do.
You'll be much happier if you realize that you don't have to do everything all at the same time. Take a step back once in a while so you can gain perspective and recharge.